Meaning of enroll
Pronunciation: (en-rōl'), [key]
- to write the name of (a person) in a roll or register; place upon a list; register: It took two days to enroll the new students.
- to enlist (oneself&hasp;).
- to put in a record; record: to enroll the minutes of a meeting; to enroll the great events of history.
- to roll or wrap up: fruit enrolled in tissue paper.
- to document (a U.S. vessel) by issuing a certificate of enrollment.
- to enroll oneself: He enrolled in college last week.
- enroll (Thesaurus)