enlarge: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (en-lrj'), [key]
? v., -larged, -larg•ing.
- to make larger; increase in extent, bulk, or quantity; add to: They enlarged the house by adding an east wing.
- to increase the capacity or scope of; expand: We've decided to enlarge the company.
- to make (a photographic print) larger than the negative by projecting the negative's image through a lens onto photographic printing paper.
- to grow larger; increase; expand.
- to speak or write at large; expatiate: to enlarge upon a point.
- enlarge (Thesaurus)