enamel: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (i-nam'ul), [key]
— n., v., -eled, -el•ing -elled, -el•ling.
- a glassy substance, usually opaque, applied by fusion to the surface of metal, pottery, etc., as an ornament or for protection.
- any of various varnishes, paints, coatings, etc., drying to a hard, glossy finish.
- any enamellike surface with a bright luster.
- an artistic work executed in enamel.
- the hard, glossy, calcareous covering of the crown of a tooth, containing only a slight amount of organic substance. See diag. under
- to inlay or overlay with enamel.
- to form an enamellike surface upon: to enamel cardboard.
- to decorate as with enamel; variegate with colors.
- enamel (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.