embarrass: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (em-bar'us), [key]
- to cause confusion and shame to; make uncomfortably self-conscious; disconcert; abash: His bad table manners embarrassed her.
- to make difficult or intricate, as a question or problem; complicate.
- to put obstacles or difficulties in the way of; impede: The motion was advanced in order to embarrass the progress of the bill.
- to beset with financial difficulties; burden with debt: The decline in sales embarrassed the company.
- to become disconcerted, abashed, or confused.
- embarrass (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.