else: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (els), [key]
- other than the persons or things mentioned or implied: What else could I have done?
- in addition to the persons or things mentioned or implied: Who else was there?
- other or in addition (used in the possessive following an indefinite pronoun): someone else's money.
- if not (usually prec. by or): It's a macaw, or else I don't know birds.
- in some other way; otherwise: How else could I have acted?
- at some other place or time: Where else might I find this book?
- or suffer the consequences: Do what I say, or else.