elevate: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (v.el'u-vāt"adj.el'u-vāt", -vit), [key]
— v., adj. -vat•ed, -vat•ing,
- to move or raise to a higher place or position; lift up.
- to raise to a higher state, rank, or office; exalt; promote: to elevate an archbishop to cardinal.
- to raise to a higher intellectual or spiritual level: Good poetry may elevate the mind.
- to raise the spirits; put in high spirits.
- to raise (the voice) in pitch or volume.
- raised; elevated.
- elevate (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.