eighty: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ā'tē), [key]
— n., pl. adj. eight•ies,
- a cardinal number, ten times eight.
- a symbol for this number, as 80 or LXXX.
- a set of this many persons or things.
- the numbers, years, degrees, or the like, from 80 through 89, as in referring to numbered streets, indicating the years of a lifetime or of a century, or degrees of temperature.
- amounting to 80 in number.
- eighty (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.