ecumenical: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ek'yoo-men'i-kul or, esp. Brit., ē'kyoo-), [key]
- general; universal.
- pertaining to the whole Christian church.
- promoting or fostering Christian unity throughout the world.
- of or pertaining to a movementesp. among Protestant groups since the 1800s, aimed at achieving universal Christian unity and church union through international interdenominational organizations that cooperate on matters of mutual concern.
- interreligious or interdenominational: an ecumenical marriage.
- including or containing a mixture of diverse elements or styles; mixed: an ecumenical meal of German, Italian, and Chinese dishes.
- ecumenical (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.