drench: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (drench), [key]
- to wet thoroughly; soak.
- to saturate by immersion in a liquid; steep.
- to cover or fill completely; bathe: trees drenched with sunlight.
- to administer a draft of medicine to (an animal), esp. by force: to drench a horse.
- to cause to drink.
- the act of drenching.
- something that drenches: a drench of rain.
- a preparation for drenching or steeping.
- a solution, esp. one of fermenting bran, for drenching hides or skins.
- a large drink or draft.
- a draft of medicine, esp. one administered to an animal by force.
- a mixture of pesticide and water applied to the soil surrounding a plant.
- drench (Thesaurus)