Meaning of drama
Pronunciation: (drä'mu, dram'u), [key]
- a composition in prose or verse presenting in dialogue or pantomime a story involving conflict or contrast of character, esp. one intended to be acted on the stage; a play.
- the branch of literature having such compositions as its subject; dramatic art or representation.
- the art dealing with the writing and production of plays.
- any situation or series of events having vivid, emotional, conflicting, or striking interest or results: the drama of a murder trial.
- the quality of being dramatic.
- drama (Thesaurus)