Meaning of dominate
Pronunciation: (dom'u-nāt"), [key]
— v., -nat•ed, -nat•ing.
- to rule over; govern; control.
- to tower above; overlook; overshadow:the landscape. A tall pine dominated
- to predominate, permeate, or characterize.
- (of a series, vector, etc.) to have terms or components greater in absolute value than the corresponding terms or components of a given series, vector, etc.
- (of a node in a tree diagram) to be connected with (a subordinate node) either directly by a single downward branch or indirectly by a sequence of downward branches.
- to rule; exercise control; predominate.
- to occupy a commanding or elevated position.
- dominate (Thesaurus)