Meaning of dominance
Pronunciation: (dom'u-nuns), [key]
- rule; control; authority; ascendancy.
- the condition of being dominant.
- the disposition of an individual to assert control in dealing with others.
- high status in a social group, usually acquired as the result of aggression, that involves the tendency to take priority in access to limited resources, as food, mates, or space.
- the normal tendency for one side of the brain to be more important than the other in controlling certain functions, as speech and language.
- dominance (Thesaurus)