domesticate: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (du-mes'ti-kāt"), [key]
— v., -cat•ed, -cat•ing.
- to convert (animals, plants, etc.) to domestic uses; tame.
- to tame (an animal), esp. by generations of breeding, to live in close association with human beings as a pet or work animal and usually creating a dependency so that the animal loses its ability to live in the wild.
- to adapt (a plant) so as to be cultivated by and beneficial to human beings.
- to accustom to household life or affairs.
- to take (something foreign, unfamiliar, etc.) for one's own use or purposes; adopt.
- to make more ordinary, familiar, acceptable, or the like: to domesticate radical ideas.
- to be domestic.
- domesticate (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.