Meaning of dom
Pronunciation: (dom for 2 also Port. dôn), [key]
- (sometimes cap.) a title of a monk in the Benedictine, Carthusian, Cistercian, and certain other monastic orders.
- (usually cap.) a Portuguese title affixed to a man's given name; Sir: formerly a title of certain dignitaries.
Pronunciation: (dom), [key]
- a male given name, form of
- a suffix forming nouns which refer to domain (kingdom), collection of persons (officialdom), rank or station (earldom), or general condition (freedom).
- to God, the Best, the Greatest.
— Slang. Slang.
- dirty old man.