ditch: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (dich), [key]
- a long, narrow excavation made in the ground by digging, as for draining or irrigating land; trench.
- any open passage or trench, as a natural channel or waterway.
- to dig a ditch or ditches in or around.
- to derail (a train) or drive or force (an automobile, bus, etc.) into a ditch.
- to crash-land on water and abandon (an airplane).
- I ditched that old hat of yours.
- to get rid of:I ditched that old hat of yours.
- to escape from:He ditched the cops by driving down an alley.
- to absent oneself from (school or a class) without permission or an acceptable reason.
- to dig a ditch.
- (of an aircraft or its crew) to crash-land in water and abandon the sinking aircraft.
- to be truant; play hooky.
- ditch (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.