Meaning of distant
Pronunciation: (dis'tunt), [key]
- far off or apart in space; not near at hand; remote or removed (often fol. by from): a distant place; a town three miles distant from here.
- apart or far off in time: distant centuries past.
- remote or far apart in any respect: a distant relative.
- reserved or aloof; not familiar or cordial: a distant greeting.
- arriving from or going to a distance, as a communication, journey, etc.: I have here a distant letter from Japan.
- distant (Thesaurus)