disguise: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (dis-gīz', di-skīz'), [key]
— v., n. -guised, -guis•ing,
- to change the appearance or guise of so as to conceal identity or mislead, as by means of deceptive garb: The king was disguised as a peasant.
- to conceal or cover up the truth or actual character of by a counterfeit form or appearance; misrepresent: to disguise one's intentions.
- that which disguises; something that serves or is intended for concealment of identity, character, or quality; a deceptive covering, condition, manner, etc.: Noble words can be the disguise of base intentions.
- the makeup, mask, costume, or overall changed appearance of an entertainer: a clown's disguise.
- the act of disguising: to speak without disguise.
- the state of being disguised; masquerade: The gods appeared in disguise.
- disguise (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.