Meaning of discrimination
Pronunciation: (di-skrim"u-nā'shun), [key]
- an act or instance of discriminating.
- treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing belongs rather than on individual merit: racial and religious intolerance and discrimination.
- the power of making fine distinctions; discriminating judgment: She chose the colors with great discrimination.
- something that serves to differentiate.
- discrimination (Thesaurus)