discredit: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (dis-kred'it), [key]
- to injure the credit or reputation of; defame: an effort to discredit honest politicians.
- to show to be undeserving of trust or belief; destroy confidence in: Later research discredited earlier theories.
- to give no credence to; disbelieve: There was good reason to discredit the witness.
- loss or lack of belief or confidence; disbelief; distrust: His theories met with general discredit.
- loss or lack of repute or esteem; disrepute.
- something that damages a good reputation: This behavior will be a discredit to your good name.
- discredit (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.