Meaning of director
Pronunciation: (di-rek'tur, dī-), [key]
- a person or thing that directs.
- one of a group of persons chosen to control or govern the affairs of a company or corporation: a board of directors.
- the person responsible for the interpretive aspects of a stage, film, or television production; the person who supervises the integration of all the elements, as acting, staging, and lighting, required to realize the writer's conception. Cf. producer (def. 3).
- the musical conductor of an orchestra, chorus, etc.
- the manager or chief executive of certain schools, institutes, government bureaus, etc.
- a mechanical or electronic device that continuously calculates firing data for use against an airplane or other moving target.
- director (Thesaurus)