Meaning of diagnostic
Pronunciation: (dī"ug-nos'tik), [key]
- of, pertaining to, or used in diagnosis.
- serving to identify or characterize; being a precise indication.
- diagnosis (def. 1).
- a symptom or characteristic of value in diagnosis.
- a device or substance used for the analysis or detection of diseases or other medical conditions.
- a message output by a computer diagnosing an error in a computer program, computer system, or component device.
- a program or subroutine that produces such messages.
- diagnostic (Thesaurus)