diagnosis: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (dī"ug-nō'sis), [key]
— pl. -ses
- the process of determining by examination the nature and circumstances of a diseased condition.
- the decision reached from such an examination. Abbr.: Dx
- scientific determination; a description that classifies a group or taxon precisely.
- a determining or analysis of the cause or nature of a problem or situation.
- an answer or solution to a problematic situation.
- diagnosis (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.