detail: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (n.di-tāl', dē'tālv.di-tāl'), [key]
- an individual or minute part; an item or particular.
- particulars collectively; minutiae.
- attention to or treatment of a subject in individual or minute parts: to postpone detail and concentrate on a subject as a whole.
- intricate, finely wrought decoration.
- any small section of a larger structure or whole, considered as a unit.
- the kitchen detail.
- an appointment or assignment, as of a small group or an officer, for a special task.
- the party or person so selected:the kitchen detail.
- a particular assignment of duty.
- the property of an image or of a method of image production to make small, closely spaced image elements individually distinguishable.
- item by item; with particulars: The résumé stated his qualifications in detail.
- to relate or report with complete particulars; tell fully and distinctly.
- to mention one by one; specify; list: He detailed the events leading up to the robbery.
- to appoint or assign for some particular duty: We were detailed to patrol the border.
- to provide with intricate, finely wrought decoration: lingerie detailed with lace and embroidery.
- detail (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.