Meaning of dependence
Pronunciation: (di-pen'duns), [key]
- the state of relying on or needing someone or something for aid, support, or the like.
- reliance; confidence; trust: Her complete reliability earned her our dependence.
- an object of reliance or trust.
- the state of being conditional or contingent on something, as through a natural or logical sequence: the dependence of an effect upon a cause.
- the state of being psychologically or physiologically dependent on a drug after a prolonged period of use.
- subordination or subjection: the dependence of Martinique upon France.
- dependence (Thesaurus)