Meaning of dense
Pronunciation: (dens), [key]
— dens•er, dens•est.
- having the component parts closely compacted together; crowded or compact: a dense forest; dense population.
- stupid; slow-witted; dull.
- intense; extreme: dense ignorance.
- relatively opaque; transmitting little light, as a photographic negative, optical glass, or color.
- difficult to understand or follow because of being closely packed with ideas or complexities of style: a dense philosophical essay.
- of or pertaining to a subset of a topological space in which every neighborhood of every point in the space contains at least one point of the subset.
- dense (Thesaurus)