deduction: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (di-duk'shun), [key]
- the act or process of deducting; subtraction.
- something that is or may be deducted: She took deductions for a home office and other business expenses from her taxes.
- the act or process of deducing.
- something that is deduced: His astute deduction was worthy of Sherlock Holmes.
- a process of reasoning in which a conclusion follows necessarily from the premises presented, so that the conclusion cannot be false if the premises are true.
- a conclusion reached by this process. Cf. induction (def. 4).
- deduction (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.