Meaning of decompression
Pronunciation: (dē"kum-presh'un), [key]
- the gradual reduction in atmospheric pressure experienced by divers, construction workers, etc., after working in deep water or breathing compressed air.
- the act or process of releasing from pressure.
- the procedure of relieving increased cranial, cardiac, or orbital pressure.
- a state of relief from pressure; a return to normalcy after a stressful period or situation.
- the restoration of data that has undergone compression to its original state.
- decompression (Thesaurus)