Meaning of decency
Pronunciation: (dē'sun-sē), [key]
— pl. -cies.
- the state or quality of being decent.
- conformity to the recognized standard of propriety, good taste, modesty, etc.
- The least you can expect from them is some respect for the decencies.
- the recognized standards of decent or proper behavior; proprieties:The least you can expect from them is some respect for the decencies.
- the requirements or amenities for decent or comfortable living:to be able to afford the decencies.
- decency (Thesaurus)