Meaning of deacon
Pronunciation: (dē'kun), [key]
- (in hierarchical churches) a member of the clerical order next below that of a priest.
- (in other churches) an appointed or elected officer having variously defined duties.
- (in Freemasonry) either of two officers in a masonic lodge.
- to pack (vegetables or fruit) with only the finest pieces or the most attractive sides visible.
- to falsify (something); doctor.
- to castrate (a pig or other animal).
- to read aloud (a line of a psalm, hymn, etc.) before singing it.
- deacon (Thesaurus)