Meaning of dazzle
Pronunciation: (daz'ul), [key]
— v., n. -zled, -zling,
- to overpower or dim the vision of by intense light: He was dazzled by the sudden sunlight.
- to impress deeply; astonish with delight: The glorious palace dazzled him.
- to shine or reflect brilliantly: gems dazzling in the sunlight.
- to be overpowered by light: Her eyes dazzled in the glare.
- to excite admiration by brilliance: Once one is accustomed to such splendor, it no longer dazzles.
- an act or instance of dazzling: the dazzle of the spotlights.
- something that dazzles.
- dazzle (Thesaurus)