Meaning of dap
Pronunciation: (dap), [key]
— v., n. dapped, dap•ping,
- to fish by letting the bait fall lightly on the water.
- to dip lightly or suddenly into water: The bird dapped for the fish.
- to bounce or skip, as on the surface of a body of water: The stone dapped along the surface of the pond.
- to cause to dip in and out of water: to dap one's bait.
- to cause to skip along the surface of water: to dap stones across the river.
- to notch (a timber) to receive part of another timber.
- a notch in a timber for receiving part of another timber.