crossing: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (krô'sing, kros'ing), [key]
- the act of a person or thing that crosses.
- a place where lines, streets, tracks, etc., cross each other.
- a place at which a road, railroad track, river, etc., may be crossed.
- hybridization; crossbreeding.
- the act of opposing or thwarting; frustration; contradiction.
- the intersection of nave and transept in a cruciform church.
- a track structure composed of four connected frogs, permitting two tracks to cross each other at grade with sufficient clearance for wheel flanges.
- crossing (Thesaurus)