Meaning of crosscut
Pronunciation: (krôs'kut", kros'-), [key]
— adj., n., v., -cut, -cut•ting.
- made or used for cutting crosswise.
- cut across the grain or on the bias.
- a transverse cut or course.
- a shortcut by way of an area not ordinarily traversed, as grass or open country; a route that cuts diagonally across a road or path network.
- an underground passageway, usually from a shaft to a vein of ore or crosswise of a vein of ore.
- an act or instance of crosscutting.
- a crosscut saw.
- to cut or go across.
- to insert into a scene or sequence (portions of another scene), as to heighten suspense or suggest simultaneous action.
- to employ the technique of crosscutting.
- crosscut (Thesaurus)