cross-check: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (v.krôs'chek', kros'-n.krôs'chek&sec, -chek', kros'-), [key]
- to determine the accuracy of (something) by checking it with various sources.
- to execute a cross-check on (an opponent).
- the act of cross-checking.
- a means of cross-checking: I examined contemporary newspaper reports as a cross-check on his account.
- an obstructing or impeding of the movement or progress of an opponent by placing the stick, with both hands, across the opponent's body or face. Cf. check (def. 42).
- cross-check (Thesaurus)