cross-fertilization: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (krôs'fûr"tl-u-zā'shun, kros'-), [key]
- the fertilization of an organism by the fusion of an egg from one individual with a sperm or male gamete from a different individual.
- fertilization of the flower of one plant by a gamete from the flower of a closely related plant (opposed to self-fertilization).
- (not in technical use) cross-pollination.
- interaction or interchange, as between two or more cultures, fields of activity or knowledge, or the like, that is mutually beneficial and productive: a cross-fertilization of scientific and technical disciplines.
- crossfertilization (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.