cream: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (krēm), [key]
- the fatty part of milk, which rises to the surface when the liquid is allowed to stand unless homogenized.
- a soft solid or thick liquid containing medicaments or other specific ingredients, applied externally for a prophylactic, therapeutic, or cosmetic purpose.
- Usually,a soft-centered confection of fondant or fudge coated with chocolate.
- a purée or soup containing cream or milk: cream of tomato soup.
- the best part of anything: the cream of society.
- a yellowish white; light tint of yellow or buff.
- the best or choicest: a college that accepts only students who are the cream of the crop.
- to form cream.
- to froth; foam.
- to advance or favor only the wealthiest, most skilled or talented, etc., esp. so as to reap the benefits oneself: Management is creaming by advancing only the most productive workers.
- to have an orgasm, esp. to ejaculate or experience glandular lubrication of the vagina.
- to be overcome, as in rapturous admiration or delight.
- to work (butter and sugar, or the like) to a smooth, creamy mass.
- to prepare (chicken, oysters, vegetables, etc.) with cream, milk, or a cream sauce.
- to allow (milk) to form cream.
- to skim (milk).
- to separate as cream.
- to take the cream or best part of.
- to use a cosmetic cream on.
- to add cream to (tea, coffee, etc.).
- She creamed the math test, getting the highest grade in the class.
- to beat or damage severely; lambaste.
- to defeat decisively.
- to accomplish, esp. to pass (a test or course), with great ease and success:She creamed the math test, getting the highest grade in the class.
- of the color cream; cream-colored.
- cream (Thesaurus)