Meaning of couture
Pronunciation: (k-toor' Fr. k-tyr'), [key]
- the occupation of a couturier; dressmaking and designing.
- fashion designers or couturiers collectively.
- the clothes and related articles designed by such designers.
- the business establishments of such designers, esp. where clothes are made to order.
- created or produced by a fashion designer: couture clothes.
- being, having, or suggesting the style, quality, etc., of a fashion designer; very fashionable: the couture look.
- couture (Thesaurus)