Meaning of courtesy
Pronunciation: (kûr'tu-sē or, for 5, kûrt'sē), [key]
— n., pl. adj. -sies,
- excellence of manners or social conduct; polite behavior.
- a courteous, respectful, or considerate act or expression.
- indulgence, consent, or acquiescence: a “colonel” by courtesy rather than by right.
- favor, help, or generosity: The costumes for the play were by courtesy of the local department store.
- a curtsy.
- done or performed as a matter of courtesy or protocol: a courtesy call on the mayor.
- offered or provided free by courtesy of the management: While waiting to board the airplane, we were provided with courtesy coffee.
- courtesy (Thesaurus)