Meaning of corps
Pronunciation: (kôr, kōr), [key]
— pl. corps
- the U.S. Marine Corps; corps of cadets.
- a military organization consisting of officers and enlisted personnel or of officers alone:the U.S. Marine Corps; corps of cadets.
- a military unit of ground combat forces consisting of two or more divisions and other troops.
- a group of persons associated or acting together: the diplomatic corps; the press corps.
- a Continental designation that, preceded by a number, indicates size of type in Didot points of 0.0148 in. (3.8 mm): 14 corps.
- corps (Thesaurus)