Meaning of Corinth
Pronunciation: (kôr'inth, kor'-), [key]
- an ancient city in Greece, on the Isthmus of Corinth: one of the wealthiest and most powerful of the ancient Greek cities.
- a port in the NE Peloponnesus, in S Greece: NE of the site of ancient Corinth.
- Also calledan arm of the Ionian Sea, N of the Peloponnesus.
- an isthmus at the head of the Gulf of Corinth, connecting the Peloponnesus with central Greece: traversed by a ship canal.
- a city in NE Mississippi. 13,839.
- Corinth (Thesaurus)