Meaning of contemporary
Pronunciation: (kun-tem'pu-rer"ē), [key]
— adj., n., pl. -rar•ies.
- existing, occurring, or living at the same time; belonging to the same time: Newton's discovery of the calculus was contemporary with that of Leibniz.
- of about the same age or date: a Georgian table with a contemporary wig stand.
- of the present time; modern: a lecture on the contemporary novel.
- a person belonging to the same time or period with another or others.
- a person of the same age as another.
- contemporary (Thesaurus)