Meaning of construction
Pronunciation: (kun-struk'shun), [key]
- the act or art of constructing.
- the way in which a thing is constructed: a building of solid construction.
- something that is constructed; a structure.
- the occupation or industry of building: He works in construction.
- the arrangement of two or more forms in a grammatical unit. Constructions involving bound forms are often called morphological, as the bound forms fif- and -teen. Those involving only free forms are often called syntactic, as the good man, in the house. Cf. bound form, free form.
- a word or phrase consisting of two or more forms arranged in a particular way.
- a group of words or morphemes for which there is a rule in some part of the grammar.
- explanation or interpretation, as of a law, a text, or an action.
- construction (Thesaurus)