Meaning of consolidation
Pronunciation: (kun-sol"i-dā'shun), [key]
- an act or instance of consolidating; the state of being consolidated; unification: consolidation of companies.
- solidification; strengthening: consolidation of principles and beliefs.
- something that is or has been consolidated; a consolidated whole.
- a statutory combination of two or more corporations.
- the union of two or more claims or actions at law for trial or appeal.
- (cap.) a steam locomotive having a two-wheeled front truck, eight driving wheels, and no rear truck. See table under
- the process of becoming solid, as changing of lung tissue from aerated and elastic to firm in certain diseases.
- consolidation (Thesaurus)