Meaning of conserve
Pronunciation: (v.kun-sûrv'n.kon'sûrv, kun-sûrv'), [key]
— v., n. -served, -serv•ing,
- to prevent injury, decay, waste, or loss of: Conserve your strength for the race.
- to use or manage (natural resources) wisely; preserve; save: Conserve the woodlands.
- to hold (a property) constant during an interaction or process: the interaction conserved linear momentum.
- to preserve (fruit) by cooking with sugar or syrup.
- Often,a mixture of several fruits cooked to jamlike consistency with sugar and often garnished with nuts and raisins.
- conserve (Thesaurus)