conformity: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (kun-fôr'mi-tē), [key]
— pl. -ties.
- action in accord with prevailing social standards, attitudes, practices, etc.
- correspondence in form, nature, or character;&hasp; agreement,&hasp; congruity, or accordance.
- compliance or acquiescence; obedience.
- (often cap.) compliance with the usages of an established church, esp. the Church of England.
- the relationship between adjacent conformable strata. Cf. unconformity (def. 2a).
- conformity (Thesaurus)