Meaning of confirm
Pronunciation: (kun-fûrm'), [key]
- to establish the truth, accuracy, validity, or genuineness of; corroborate; verify: This report confirms my suspicions.
- to acknowledge with definite assurance: Did the hotel confirm our room reservation?
- to make valid or binding by some formal or legal act; sanction; ratify: to confirm a treaty; to confirm her appointment to the Supreme Court.
- to make firm or more firm; add strength to; settle or establish firmly: Their support confirmed my determination to run for mayor.
- to strengthen (a person) in habit, resolution, opinion, etc.: The accident confirmed him in his fear of driving.
- to administer the religious rite of confirmation to.
- confirm (Thesaurus)