Meaning of conference
Pronunciation: (kon'fur-uns, -fruns), [key]
— n., v., enced, enc•ing.
- a meeting for consultation or discussion: a conference between a student and his adviser.
- the act of conferring or consulting together; consultation, esp. on an important or serious matter.
- a meeting, as of various committees, to settle disagreements between the two branches of the legislature.
- an association of athletic teams; league: an intercollegiate conference.
- an official assembly of clergy or of clergy and laity, customary in many Christian denominations.
- a group of churches whose representatives regularly meet in such an assembly.
- to hold or participate in a conference or series of conferences.
- conference (Thesaurus)