Meaning of condemn
Pronunciation: (kun-dem'), [key]
- to express an unfavorable or adverse judgment on; indicate strong disapproval of; censure.
- to pronounce to be guilty; sentence to punishment: to condemn a murderer to life imprisonment.
- to give grounds or reason for convicting or censuring: His acts condemn him.
- to judge or pronounce to be unfit for use or service: to condemn an old building.
- to acquire ownership of for a public purpose, under the right of eminent domain: The city condemned the property.
- to force into a specific state or activity: His lack of education condemned him to a life of menial jobs.
- to declare incurable.
- condemn (Thesaurus)