compartment: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (kum-pärt'munt), [key]
- a part or space marked or partitioned off.
- a separate room, section, etc.: a baggage compartment.
- a private bedroom with toilet facilities.
- a separate aspect, function, or the like: the compartments of the human mind.
- a distinct major division of a design.
- a decorative base, as a grassy mound, on which the supporters of an escutcheon stand or rest.
- to divide into compartments.
- compartment (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.