combine: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (v.kum-bīn' for 1, 2, 6, kom'bīn for 3, 7n. kom'bīn, kum-bīn' for 8, 9, kom'bīn for 10), [key]
— v., n. -bined, -bin•ing,
- to bring into or join in a close union or whole; unite: She combined the ingredients to make the cake. They combined the two companies.
- to possess or exhibit in union: a plan that combines the best features of several other plans.
- to harvest (grain) with a combine.
- to unite; coalesce: The clay combined with the water to form a thick paste.
- to unite for a common purpose; join forces: After the two factions combined, they proved invincible.
- to enter into chemical union.
- to use a combine in harvesting.
- a combination.
- a combination of persons or groups for the furtherance of their political, commercial, or other interests, as a syndicate, cartel, or trust.
- a harvesting machine for cutting and threshing grain in the field.
- combine (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.